June 26, 2015
Release # 20150626
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA –
Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria
and Iraq June 25. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted 14
airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft.
Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 14 airstrikes
approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using attack, bomber and
fighter aircraft against ISIL terrorists.
“The coalition struck
multiple Daesh terrorist targets in northern Syria,” said Col. Wayne
Marotto, CJTF-OIR chief of public affairs. “Many of these strikes were
in response to Daesh attacks against anti-ISIL forces, who repelled all
attempts by the terrorists to take ground.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL excavator.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
Near Kobani, 10 airstrikes struck two large and six small ISIL tactical
units, destroying six ISIL vehicles, three ISIL fighting positions, two
ISIL mortar firing positions and two ISIL staging areas.
* Near Tal Abyad, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying two ISIL fighting positions.
Near Baghdadi, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and two ISIL
vehicles, destroying an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy
* Near Al Huwayjah, one airstrike struck an ISIL mortar firing position.
* Near Al Qaim, one airstrike had inconclusive results.
* Near Bayji, one airstrike struck land features denying ISIL a tactical advantage.
Near Fallujah, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit,
destroying two ISIL heavy machine guns, an ISIL structure, an ISIL
staging area and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Kirkuk, one airstrike destroyed three ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL mortar firing position.
* Near Mosul, three airstrikes struck an ISIL checkpoint, an ISIL staging area and an ISIL mortar firing position.
* Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL mortar firing position.
* Near Tal Afar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL mortar firing position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United
Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted
airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia,
United Arab Emirates and the U.S.