December 29, 2014
Release # 2014129
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 29 using fighter, attack and remotely piloted
aircraft to conduct 12 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation
military forces conducted six airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 29 using fighter,
remotely piloted and attack aircraft against the ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
Near Kobani, ten airstrikes destroyed eleven ISIL fighting positions,
two ISIL buildings, an ISIL storage container and struck an ISIL
* Near Day az Zawr, an airstrike struck several ISIL buildings.
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck several ISIL buildings.
* Near Al Asad, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIL vehicles and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Sinjar, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIL buildings and struck a large ISIL unit.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.