January 19, 2015
Release # 2015019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On Jan. 18, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria, using attack, bomber, fighter, and remotely
piloted aircraft to conduct 15 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and
Coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes in Iraq, using attack,
fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All
strikes took place between 8 a.m., Jan. 18, and 8 a.m., Jan. 19, local
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
Near Kobani, 11 airstrikes struck two large ISIL units and eight ISIL
tactical units and destroyed three ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL
staging positions, and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Aleppo, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Al Hasakah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and an ISIL artillery system.
* Near Bayji, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and a large ISIL unit and destroyed three ISIL buildings.
* Near Ar Rutbah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Taji, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck a large ISIL unit.
* Near Ramadi, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and a large ISIL unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and a large
ISIL unit and destroyed two ISL buildings and an ISIL artillery system.
* Near Baghdad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands, and the United
Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.