March 5, 2015
Release # 20150305
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On March 4, U.S. military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in
Syria, using attack, fighter and bomber aircraft to conduct seven
airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted
five airstrikes in Iraq, using attack, fighter and remotely piloted
aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m.,
March 4, and 8 a.m., March 5, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Al Hasakah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Kobani, four airstrikes destroyed 11 ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL VBIED.
Near Tal Hamis, two airstrikes struck two ISIL fighting positions
and destroyed an ISIL staging area and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Fallujah, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle, an ISIL artillery piece and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Haditha, , an airstrike was conducted to help support friendly forces movement.
* Near Mosul, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United
Kingdom and U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in
Syria include, Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and