August 29, 2015
Release # 20150829
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Aug. 28, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 15 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hasakah, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL bunkers, an ISIL air defense artillery system, an ISIL mortar position and an ISIL rocket launcher.
* Near Al Hawl, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL artillery piece and an ISIL excavator.
* Near Washiyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL staging area.
* Near Al Baghdadi, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL boats and two ISIL IED caches.
* Near Bayji, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL vehicles, an ISIL building, an ISIL excavator and an ISIL mortar tube.
* Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL resupply vehicle.
* Near Kisik, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and two ISIL heavy machine guns.
* Near Mosul, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Ramadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL mortar firing position and destroyed two ISIL light machine guns, an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL weapons cache.
* Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck an ISIL heavy machine gun firing position.
* Near Tuz, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.