September 1, 2015
Release # 20150901
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Aug. 31, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted six airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 13 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, fighter, fighter-attack, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed eight ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Kobani, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and an ISIL training camp and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mar'a, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL road grader and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL front end loader.
* Near Washiyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Al Baghdadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL buildings and an ISIL VBIED.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL vehicles and an ISIL weapons cache.
* Near Haditha, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL VBIEDs.
* Near Kisik, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Mosul, four airstrikes struck four ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions an ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL mortar tube.
* Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck three ISIL staging areas
* Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.