SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sept. 14, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted three airstrikes using fighter aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 15 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL armored personnel carrier.
• Near Dayr Az Zawr, one airstrike struck an ISIL crude oil collection point.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
• Near Al Huwayjah, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL tunnels and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Bayji, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed eight ISIL buildings, an ISIL IED and an ISIL carport.
• Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike destroyed three ISIL rocket rails.
• Near Kirkuk, one airstrike struck an ISIL mortar firing position.
• Near Mosul, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, two ISIL rocket firing positions and an ISIL mortar firing position and destroyed three ISIL berms and 14 ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Ramadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL house-borne IED, an ISIL VBIED, five ISIL buildings, an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Sinjar, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL fighting position, an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL cache.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.