DEC 9, 2022
Release Number 20221209-08
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TAMPA, Fla. – From Col. Joe Buccino, CENTCOM Spokesman:
Today, Gen. Michael “Erik” Kurilla, commander of U.S. Central Command, completed video teleconferences and calls with all Central and South Asian region Chiefs of Defense within the CENTCOM area of responsibility to engage on military partnership, discuss security operations, and reaffirm CENTCOM’s longstanding commitment to the security, independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity of the Central and South Asian states. These productive discussions will allow opportunities to expand military cooperation. General Kurilla agreed to visit the Central and South Asian states within the CENTCOM area of responsibility.
The CENTCOM Commander discussed regional security and opportunities to strengthen military partnerships with the following leaders:
- Kazakhstan Chief of the General Staff of Armed Forces/Gen Lt Marat Khusainov
- Kyrgyzstan Chief of the General Staff, Gen Maj Erlis Terdikbayev
- Pakistan Chief of Army Staff, Gen Asim Munir
- Tajikistan Chief of the General Staff of Armed Forces, Gen Lt Emomali Sobirzoda
- Turkmenistan Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, Col Akmurat Anemetov
- Uzbekistan Chief of the General Staff, Gen Maj Shukhrat Khalmukhamedov
U.S. Central Command remains focused on the security and stability of the Central and South Asian region.