August 03, 2016
Release # 20160803-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On August 2, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted five strikes using fighter aircraft against ISIL targets. Additionally in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted seven strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using rocket artillery and fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Ar Raqqah, one strike struck an ISIL headquarters.
* Near Manbij, four strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mosul, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
* Near Qayyarah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL mortar system, two ISIL vehicles, and an ISIL assembly area.
* Near Ramadi, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device, five ISIL vehicles, and four ISIL tactical vehicles.
* Near Rawah, one strike destroyed an ISIL fuel tanker.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike struck an ISIL headquarters.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.