December 26, 2014
Release # 2014126
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEAS
note: The strike numbers contained in the CJTF OIR Dec. 26 press
release included strike information for both the Dec. 25 and Dec. 26
strikes. This is an updated Dec. 26 strike release.
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 26 using fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted
aircraft to conduct four airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation
military forces conducted five airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 26 using
fighter, bomber, attack aircraft, and remotely piloted aircraft against
the ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of those strikes:
* Near Kobani, four airstrikes destroyed three ISIL buildings and two ISIL vehicles.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL technical vehicle and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Al Qaim, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL modular refinery and struck an ISIL tactical vehicle.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL technical vehicles and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Mosul, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored personnel vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.