December 27, 2014
Release # 2014127
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 27 using fighter and bomber aircraft to conduct
six airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation military forces
conducted six airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 27 using fighter, attack aircraft,
and remotely piloted aircraft against the ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
Near Kobani, six airstrikes destroyed two ISIL buildings, five ISIL
fighting positions, two ISIL vehicles and struck an ISIL fighting
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL building and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Mosul, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL technical vehicles and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Al Qaim, two airstrikes struck an ISIL refinery and an ISIL tactical vehicle.
* Near Bayji, an airstrike struck three ISIL buildings.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.