February 27, 2015
Release # 20150227
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On Feb. 26, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria, using attack, fighter, bomber and remotely piloted
aircraft to conduct 20 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition
military forces conducted 11 airstrikes in Iraq, using attack, fighter
and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took
place between 8 a.m., Feb. 26, and 8 a.m., Feb. 27, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
Near Al Hasakah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units
and destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle and an ISIL VBIED.
* Near Dayr az Zawr, an airstrike struck a crude oil collection point.
Near Kobani, 13 airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit,
eight ISIL tactical units, three ISIL fighting positions and destroyed
21 ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL staging areas, two ISIL tanks and
three ISIL vehicles.
* Near Tal Harris, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Al Asad, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL checkpoint and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Hit in Al Anbar Province, an airstrike stuck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and
destroyed two ISIL buildings and an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Rawah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United
Kingdom and the U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes
in Syria include Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and