March 8, 2015
Release # 20150308
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On March 7, U.S. military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in
Syria, using bomber aircraft to conduct an airstrike. Separately, U.S.
and Coalition military forces conducted 12 airstrikes in Iraq, using
attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists.
All strikes took place between 8 a.m., March 7, and 8 a.m., March 8,
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions.
Near Al Huwayjah, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and
destroyed six ISIL excavators and an ISIL fighting position.
Near Fallujah, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units, an
ISIL fighting position and destroyed three ISIL vehicles.
* Near Haditha, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL mortar tube and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Kirkuk, an airstrike struck multiple ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL excavators.
* Near Tal Afar, two airstrikes struck an ISIL IED factory and an ISIL tactical unit.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United
Kingdom and U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in
Syria include, Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and