April 4, 2015
Release # 20150404
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On April 3, Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria, using attack and bomber aircraft to conduct six
airstrikes. Separately in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted nine
airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, using fighter and
remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took
place between 8 a.m., April 3, and 8 a.m., April 4, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
Near Kobani, five airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and
destroyed nine ISIL fighting positions, one ISIL vehicle, and one ISIL
* Near Hasakah, an airstrike struck one ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed one ISIL machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike destroyed one ISIL fighting position.
* Near Al Huwayjah, an airstrike had no effect.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL machine guns and an ISIL rifle.
Near Mosul, an airstrike struck one large ISIL unit, one ISIL tactical
unit and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL machine guns,
an ISIL bull dozer, an ISIL vehicle, and an ISIL rifle.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL building.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United
Kingdom and U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in
Syria include Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and