SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sept. 11, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces
conducted three airstrikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft.
Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 22 airstrikes
coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter,
fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Abu Kamal, two airstrikes struck two ISIL crude oil collection points.
• Near Al Hasakah, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL VBIED.
• Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL VBIED and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Hit, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL vehicles, an ISIL anti-aircraft artillery piece and an ISIL building.
• Near Kirkuk, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Kisik, two airstrikes struck an ISIL heavy machine gun firing position and an ISIL rocket firing position and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL armored personnel carrier and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL IED.
• Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one airstrike struck an ISIL rocket firing position.
• Near Tuz, eight airstrikes struck six ISIL tactical units and destroyed 22 ISIL fighting positions, four ISIL vehicles, one ISIL heavy machine guns, an ISIL ammunition cache, an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL motorcycle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria
and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and
conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in
Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands,
United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted
airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia,
Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.