November 14, 2015
Release # 20151114-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Nov. 13, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven strikes using bomber, attack, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 20 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using attack, ground-attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, four strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions and wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Ar Raqqah, two strikes destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Mar'a, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Bayji, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units.
* Near Kisik, one strike suppressed an ISIL heavy machine gun position.
* Near Ramadi, nine strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed 16 ISIL buildings, two ISIL weapons caches, two ISIL tunnels, six ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL light machine guns, an ISIL rocket rail, two ISIL sniper positions, five ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED), an ISIL staging area, two ISIL heavy machine guns, two ISIL command and control nodes, an ISIL supply cache, an ISIL tactical vehicle, three ISIL bed down locations, suppressed an ISIL fighting position, cratered three ISIL controlled roads, denied ISIL access to terrain, and wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Sinjar, six strikes struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL light machine gun, seven ISIL vehicles, and wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike destroyed four ISIL weapons caches.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.