November 13, 2015
Release # 20151113-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Nov. 12, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted eight strikes using fighter, attack, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 18 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, seven strikes struck six separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL vehicles, and an ISIL mortar position.
* Near Ar Raqqah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Ramadi, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL tunnel, an ISIL building, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL mortar position, and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Sinjar, twelve strikes struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed 27 ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL heavy machine guns, five ISIL vehicles, an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED), 11 ISIL staging areas, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL VBIED, and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.