November 04, 2015
Release # 20151104-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Nov. 3, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted six strikes using attack, ground-attack, fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 19 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, ground-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hasakah, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Al Hawl, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, two strikes destroyed three ISIL cranes, four ISIL rigs, two ISIL excavators, an ISIL front end loader, and two ISIL pipefitters.
* Near Al Baghdadi, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Albu Hayat, two strikes struck two separate large ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED), an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL building, and four ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Bayji, one strike wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Ramadi, five strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed seven ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL VBIED, an ISIL weapons cache, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL building and denied ISIL access to terrain.
* Near Sinjar, nine strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed ISIL IED facility, an ISIL staging facility, three ISIL staging areas, four ISIL weapons caches, an ISIL headquarters location, an ISIL bed down location, 10 ISIL fighting positions, and two ISIL vehicles.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.