October 5, 2015
Release # 20151005-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Oct. 4, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted eight strikes using bomber and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 13 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using fighter, fighter-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, six strikes struck seven separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions and three ISIL vehicles.
• Near Al Hawl, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Palmyra, one strike produced inconclusive results.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one strike destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Al Huwayjah, one strike suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
• Near Bayji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL structure.
• Near Fallujah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL buildings.
• Near Habbaniyah, one strike destroyed four ISIL rocket rails.
• Near Hit, one strike destroyed an ISIL weapons storage facility.
• Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL fighting position and wounded one ISIL fighter.
• Near Ramadi, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL buildings, an ISIL weapons cache, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL anti-tank weapon, two ISIL mortar positions, and five ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Sinjar, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL heavy machine guns and four ISIL fighting positions.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.