October 26, 2015
Release # 20151026-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Oct. 25, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Iraq, coalition military forces
conducted 15 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government
of Iraq using fighter, attack, bomber, ground attack, and remotely
piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
Near Bayji, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed
four ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL mortar positions, an ISIL heavy
machine gun, and an ISIL cave entrance.
* Near Habbaniyah, two strikes suppressed two ISIL mortar positions.
* Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
Near Ramadi, five strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed
two ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL weapon caches, an ISIL command and
control node, an ISIL building, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
* Near Sinjar, three strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed 18 ISIL fighting positions and two ISIL vehicles.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike suppressed an ISIL sniper position.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
Additionally, on 22 Oct., in conjunction with an operation to free 70 hostages, the following targets were struck in Iraq:
* Near Al Huwayjah, two strikes destroyed an ISIL prison camp and denied ISIL forces an avenue of approach.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's
ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations
which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada,
Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United
States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include
Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United
Arab Emirates, and the U.S.