Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Central Command
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
OPERATIONS AND EXERCISES
OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
OPERATIONAL CONTRACT SUPPORT
VISITORS AND PERSONNEL
SOCIAL MEDIA SECURITY
CENTCOM WELCOME GUIDE
Press Release View
December 1: Military airstrikes continue against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq
Release No: 17-434 Dec. 1, 2017
Dec. 1, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Note: CJTF-OIR Strike Releases are now published on Mondays and Fridays.
will be reported every
will be reported every
. Our intent is
to reduce the number of reports while maintaining transparency.
SOUTHWEST ASIA –
Between Nov. 27 and Nov. 30, Coalition military forces conducted 19 strikes consisting of 24 engagements against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
On Nov. 30 in Syria, Coalition military forces conducted five strikes consisting of five engagements against ISIS targets.
• Near Abu Kamal, five strike engaged five ISIS tactical units and destroyed an ISIS fighting position, a tactical vehicle and an explosive hazard.
On Nov. 30 in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted two strikes consisting of two engagements against ISIS targets.
• Near Rawah, one strike destroyed an ISIS construction vehicle.
• Near Rutbah, one strike destroyed an ISIS bunker.
On Nov. 29 in Syria, Coalition military forces conducted three strikes consisting of three engagements against ISIS targets.
• Near Abu Kamal, three strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units and destroyed a tactical vehicle, two ISIS watercraft, a heavy weapon, five ISIS vehicles and four supply routes.
There were no reported strikes conducted in Iraq on Nov. 29, 2017.
On Nov. 28 in Syria, Coalition military forces conducted five strikes consisting of six engagements against ISIS targets.
• Near Abu Kamal, five strikes engaged five ISIS tactical units and destroyed three ISIS watercraft, an ISIS barge, a weapons cache and 11 ISIS vehicles.
On Nov. 28 in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted one strike consisting of one engagemens against ISIS targets.
• Near Al Qaim, one strike destroyed an ISIS fighting position.
On Nov. 27 in Syria, Coalition military forces conducted three strikes consisting of seven engagements against ISIS targets.
• Near Abu Kamal, three strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units and destroyed a tactical vehicle, two ISIS watercraft, a rocket system and five ISIS vehicles.
There were no reported strikes conducted in Iraq on Nov. 27, 2017.
These strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to destroy ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The destruction of ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria also further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct external operations throughout the region and the rest of the world.
This Coalition strike release contains all strikes conducted by fighter, attack, bomber, rotary-wing, or remotely piloted aircraft, rocket propelled artillery and ground-based tactical artillery.
A strike, as defined in the Coalition release, refers to one or more kinetic engagements that occur in roughly the same geographic location to produce a single, sometimes cumulative effect in that location. For example, a single aircraft delivering a single weapon against a lone ISIS vehicle is one strike, but so is multiple aircraft delivering dozens of weapons against a group of ISIS-held buildings and weapon systems in a compound, having the cumulative effect of making that facility harder or impossible to use. Strike assessments are based on initial reports and may be refined.
CJTF-OIR does not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a target. The information used to compile the daily strike releases is based on 'Z' or Greenwich Mean Time.