Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Central Command
OPERATIONS AND EXERCISES
OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
OPERATIONAL CONTRACT SUPPORT
VISITORS AND PERSONNEL
SOCIAL MEDIA SECURITY
CENTCOM NEWCOMER INFORMATION
CENTCOM TELEWORKING GUIDE
Press Release View
July 30: Military airstrikes continue against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq
Release No: 17-286 July 30, 2017
July 30, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
On July 29, Coalition military forces conducted 18 strikes consisting of 28 engagements against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted 12 strikes consisting of 17 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed an ISIS headquarters.
* Near Al Shadaddi, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a staging area.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, two strikes destroyed five ISIS oil stills and four oil tanks.
* Near Raqqah, eight strikes engaged eight ISIS tactical units and destroyed seven fighting positions and three vehicles.
In Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted six strikes consisting of 11 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Al Huwayjah, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed an ISIS-held building.
* Near Al Qaim, two strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a staging area.
* Near Kisik, two strikes destroyed three ISIS-held buildings and a supply cache.
* Near Rawah, one strike destroyed an ISIS fighting position, a VBIED and a VBIED facility.
Additionally, 19 strikes were conducted in Syria and Iraq on July 28 that closed within the last 24 hours.
* On July 28, near Dayr Az Zawr, Syria, one strike destroyed four ISIS oil stills.
* On July 28, near Raqqah, Syria, 16 strikes engaged 12 ISIS tactical units, destroyed an anti-air artillery system, and damaged seven fighting positions.
* On July 28, near Sultan Abdullah, Iraq, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a tunnel system.
* On July 28, near Tal Afar, Iraq, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle.
These strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to destroy ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The destruction of ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria also further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct external operations throughout the region and the rest of the world.
This Coalition strike release contains all strikes conducted by fighter, attack, bomber, rotary-wing, or remotely piloted aircraft, rocket propelled artillery and ground-based tactical artillery.
A strike, as defined in the Coalition release, refers to one or more kinetic engagements that occur in roughly the same geographic location to produce a single, sometimes cumulative effect in that location. For example, a single aircraft delivering a single weapon against a lone ISIS vehicle is one strike, but so is multiple aircraft delivering dozens of weapons against a group of ISIS-held buildings and weapon systems in a compound, having the cumulative effect of making that facility harder or impossible to use. Strike assessments are based on initial reports and may be refined.
CJTF-OIR does not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a target. The information used to compile the daily strike releases is based on 'Z' or Greenwich Mean Time.