December 24, 2014
Release # 2014124
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 24 using fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted
aircraft to conduct ten airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation
military forces conducted seven airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 24 using
fighter, bomber, and attack aircraft against the ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of those strikes:
Near Kobani, eight airstrikes destroyed five ISIL fighting positions,
an ISIL building, an ISIL staging position, and also struck three ISIL
tactical units, an ISIL tactical vehicle and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Dayr az Zawr, an airstrike struck a crude oil collection point.
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck an ISIL weapons stockpile.
* Near Al Qaim, three airstrikes destroyed eight ISIL tactical vehicles and an ISIL storage container.
* Near Sinjar, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle and struck an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL technical vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.