SOUTHWEST ASIA (September 14, 2015) — U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Airstrikes in Syria
Fighter and remotely piloted aircraft conducted four airstrikes in Syria:
* Near Dayr Ar Zawr, two airstrikes struck an ISIL crude oil collection point and destroyed an ISIL excavator.
* Near Kobani, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL artillery piece.
* Near Mar’a, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 18 airstrikes in Iraq, coordinated with the Iraqi government:
* Near Huwayjah, an airstrike destroyed three ISIL trenches.
* Near Beiji, four airstrikes struck one large and two small ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL buildings, three ISIL vehicles, an ISIL ant-aircraft artillery piece and an ISIL structure.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL bunker.
* Near Haditha, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL motorcycle.
* Near Kisik, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL staging area and destroyed an ISIL excavator and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mosul, three airstrikes destroyed two ISIL trenches, an ISIL bulldozer and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Ramadi, two airstrikes destroyed four ISIL weapons caches, an ISIL armored personnel carrier and an ISIL vehicle bomb.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, an airstrike struck an ISIL sniper firing position.
* Near Tuz, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations, officials said.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the United States, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates.