Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Central Command
OPERATIONS AND EXERCISES
OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
OPERATIONAL CONTRACT SUPPORT
VISITORS AND PERSONNEL
SOCIAL MEDIA SECURITY
CENTCOM NEWCOMER INFORMATION
CENTCOM TELEWORKING GUIDE
Press Release View
June 26: Military airstrikes continue against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq
Release No: 17-243 June 26, 2017
June 26, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA —
On June 25, Coalition military forces conducted 21 strikes consisting of 75 engagements against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted 18 strikes consisting of 23 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed two ISIS oil storage tanks.
* Near Al Shadaddi, two strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed three ISIS-held buildings.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, three strikes destroyed six ISIS oil storage tanks, four ISIS pump jacks and two ISIS facilities.
* Near Raqqah, 12 strikes engaged 12 ISIS tactical units and destroyed seven fighting positions, four vehicles and a tunnel system.
In Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted three strikes consisting of 52 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Mosul, two strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units; destroyed 20 fighting positions, four command and control nodes, four heavy machine guns, two supply caches, two mortar systems, and an ISIS-held building; damaged two fighting positions; and suppressed an ISIS tactical unit.
* Near Samarra, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit.
Additionally, six strikes were conducted in Syria and Iraq on June 24 that closed within the last 24 hours.
* On June 24, near Abu Kamal, Syria, one strike destroyed 25 ISIS oil storage tanks and eight ISIS oil stills.
* On June 24, near Raqqah, Syria, one strike destroyed two fighting positions.
* On June 24, near Kisik, Iraq, three strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit; destroyed six fighting positions, a weapons cache, a command and control node, a medium machine gun, and a piece of inoperable equipment; and damaged a fighting position.
* On June 24, near Mosul, Iraq, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit.
These strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to destroy ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The destruction of ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria also further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct external operations throughout the region and the rest of the world.
This Coalition strike release contains all strikes conducted by fighter, attack, bomber, rotary-wing, or remotely piloted aircraft, rocket propelled artillery and ground-based tactical artillery.
A strike, as defined in the Coalition release, refers to one or more kinetic engagements that occur in roughly the same geographic location to produce a single, sometimes cumulative effect in that location. For example, a single aircraft delivering a single weapon against a lone ISIS vehicle is one strike, but so is multiple aircraft delivering dozens of weapons against a group of ISIS-held buildings and weapon systems in a compound, having the cumulative effect of making that facility harder or impossible to use. Strike assessments are based on initial reports and may be refined.
CJTF-OIR does not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a target. The information used to compile the daily strike releases is based on 'Z' or Greenwich Mean Time.