Skip to main content (Press Enter).
U.S. Central Command
OPERATIONS AND EXERCISES
OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
OPERATIONAL CONTRACT SUPPORT
VISITORS AND PERSONNEL
SOCIAL MEDIA SECURITY
CENTCOM NEWCOMER INFORMATION
USCENTCOM UNCLASSIFIED REGULATIONS
Press Release View
| June 25, 2017
June 25: Military airstrikes continue against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq
June 25, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA —
On June 24, Coalition military forces conducted 37 strikes consisting of 79 engagements against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted 34 strikes consisting of 50 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Abu Kamal, three strikes destroyed 15 ISIS oil storage tanks, eight ISIS oil barrels, six ISIS oil stills, and a vehicle.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, six strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units and destroyed three ISIS-held buildings, two command and control nodes, an ISIS staging area, a mortar system, a tactical vehicle, and an ISIS oil refinery.
* Near Raqqah, 25 strikes engaged 17 ISIS tactical units; destroyed 16 fighting positions, five vehicles, two ammo caches, a recoilless rifle, a supply cache, and an UAS launch site; and suppressed an ISIS tactical unit.
In Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted three strikes consisting of 29 engagements against ISIS targets.
* Near Mosul, three strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units; destroyed 11 fighting positons, a medium machine gun, a heavy machine gun, a mortar system; damaged two fighting positions; and suppressed an ISIS tactical unit and a sniper team.
Additionally, 13 strikes were conducted in Syria and Iraq on June 22-23 that closed within the last 24 hours.
* On June 22, near Raqqah, Syria, two strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units; destroyed two fighting positions, two vehicles, a weapons cache, and an ISIS staging area; and damaged 14 fighting positions.
* On June 23, near Abu Kamal, Syria, one strike destroyed 29 VBIEDs and damaged a front-end loader.
* On June 23, near Raqqah, Syria, seven strikes engaged four ISIS tactical units and suppressed two ISIS tactical units.
* On June 23, near Mosul, Iraq, three strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units; destroyed three fighting positions, two medium machine guns, a sniper position, and a rocket-propelled grenade system; and suppressed four mortar teams and a sniper position.
These strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to destroy ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The destruction of ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria also further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct external operations throughout the region and the rest of the world.
This Coalition strike release contains all strikes conducted by fighter, attack, bomber, rotary-wing, or remotely piloted aircraft, rocket propelled artillery and ground-based tactical artillery.
A strike, as defined in the Coalition release, refers to one or more kinetic engagements that occur in roughly the same geographic location to produce a single, sometimes cumulative effect in that location. For example, a single aircraft delivering a single weapon against a lone ISIS vehicle is one strike, but so is multiple aircraft delivering dozens of weapons against a group of ISIS-held buildings and weapon systems in a compound, having the cumulative effect of making that facility harder or impossible to use. Strike assessments are based on initial reports and may be refined.
CJTF-OIR does not report the number or type of aircraft employed in a strike, the number of munitions dropped in each strike, or the number of individual munition impact points against a target. The information used to compile the daily strike releases is based on 'Z' or Greenwich Mean Time.