April 18, 2015
Release # 20150418
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq between 8 a.m., April 16, and 8 a.m., April 17, local time. In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using attack and bomber aircraft. Separately in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted 13 airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using fighter, attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists.
"Today's airstrike details highlight that clearly identifiable ISIL units, equipment, leadership and vehicles will be struck with utmost precision through our dynamic targeting process," said Combined Joint Task Force Public Affairs Officer Col. Wayne Marotto. "These strikes, conducted on a daily basis, have lasting results as they degrade ISIL's fighting capability and allow the ISF the ability to go on the offensive."
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, five airstrikes struck five ISIL tactical units and destroyed seven ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes struck one ISIL tactical unit and destroyed one ISIL vehicle.
* Near Bayji, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and two ISIL heavy machine guns, destroyed one other ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL check point and an ISIL excavator.
* Near Al Asad, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units, three ISIL vehicles and one ISIL excavator.
* Near Fallujah, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL vehicles and one ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Sinjar, one airstrike destroyed one ISIL building and struck and ISIL fighting position.
* Near Hit, one airstrike struck one ISIL tactical unit and destroyed one ISIL vehicle.
* Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck one ISIL tactical unit and destroyed one ISIL fighting position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to
eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and U.S.