April 11, 2015
Release # 20150410
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq between 8 a.m., April 10, and 8 a.m., April 11, local time. In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted eight airstrikes, using bomber, fighter and attack aircraft. Separately in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted nine airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using fighter, attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, six airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions and three ISIL vehicles.
* Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes struck a large and a tactical ISIL unit and destroyed four vehicles.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck one ISIL tactical unit and one ISIL rocket fire team and destroyed one excavator.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes destroyed seven ISIL excavators and one ISIL vehicle.
* Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck one tactical unit, destroyed three buildings and three fighting positions.
* Near Hit, an airstrike struck a checkpoint.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and a fighting position.
* Near Huwayjah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Bayji, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and U.S.
For additional information contact:
COM: U.S. 1-803-885-8265 or in Southwest Asia
COM: 00-965-2221-6340, then dial 430-6419# or 430-7199# https://twitter.com/CJTFOIR https://www.facebook.com/CJTFOIR https://twitter.com/CJTFOIR