April 7, 2015
Release # 20150407
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq, between 8 a.m., April 6, and 8 a.m., April 7, local time. In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted three airstrikes, using bomber and remotely-piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted 12 airstrikes using attack, fighter, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists.
"These strikes, like all those we've conducted in Iraq, were coordinated with and approved by the Government of Iraq," said Col. Wayne Marotto, CJTF-OIR spokesman."This coordination allows the Coalition to deliver precise strikes in support of the Iraqi Security Forces' efforts to counter Daesh."
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Aleppo, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Kobani, two airstrikes destroyed six ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Ar Rutbah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL vehicle and destroyed an ISIL excavator.
* Near Fallujah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units, destroyed an ISIL excavator, an ISIL mortar tube, an ISIL vehicle, and an ISIL-created dam.
* Near Hit in Al Anbar Province, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL heavy machine guns, three ISIL buildings, an ISIL artillery piece and an ISIL mortar position.
* Near Tal Afar, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL excavators.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and U.S.