February 27, 2015
Release # 20150227
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Feb. 26, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria, using attack, fighter, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct 20 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes in Iraq, using attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m., Feb. 26, and 8 a.m., Feb. 27, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Al Hasakah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle and an ISIL VBIED.
* Near Dayr az Zawr, an airstrike struck a crude oil collection point.
* Near Kobani, 13 airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit, eight ISIL tactical units, three ISIL fighting positions and destroyed 21 ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL staging areas, two ISIL tanks and three ISIL vehicles.
* Near Tal Harris, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Al Asad, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL checkpoint and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Hit in Al Anbar Province, an airstrike stuck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL buildings and an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Rawah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and the U.S. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.