February 16, 2015
Release # 20150216
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Feb. 15, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria, using fighter, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct two airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted 13 airstrikes in Iraq, using attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m., Feb. 15, and 8 a.m. Feb. 16, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, an airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit.
* Near Dayr az Zawr, an airstrike struck and destroyed multiple ISIL oil pumps.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Al Qaim, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL excavator.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Fallujah, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL mortar positon.
* Near Haditha, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL vehicles and an ISIL building.
* Near Mosul, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL excavator and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Rawah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.