February 10, 2015
Release # 20150210
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Feb. 9, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria, using attack aircraft to conduct an airstrike. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes in Iraq, using fighter, attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m., Feb. 9, and 8 a.m., Feb. 10, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Dayr az Zawr, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Al Huwayjah, an airstrike struck an ISIL weapons storage facility.
* Near Al Qaim, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Ar Rutbah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL bunker and neutralized an ISIL VBIED.
* Near Kirkuk, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL earth mover, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL armored vehicle and an ISIL building.
* Near Makhmur, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL bulldozer and two ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Tal Afar, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL shipping container, an ISIL tractor trailer, an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL checkpoint.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.