February 7, 2015
Release # 20150207
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Feb. 6, U.S. and Coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria, using fighter, attack and remotely piloted aircraft to conduct 11 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and Coalition military forces conducted 15 airstrikes in Iraq, using fighter, attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL terrorists. All strikes took place between 8 a.m., Feb. 6, and 8 a.m., Feb. 7, local time.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted since the last press release:
* Near Kobani, nine airstrikes struck seven ISIL tactical units, an ISIL vehicle and destroyed five ISIL vehicles and two ISIL staging areas.
* Near Al Hasakah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL mobile oil rig.
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck multiple ISIL weapons storage facilities.
* Near Bayji, an airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL buildings and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Al Qaim, four airstrikes struck an ISIL headquarters building and destroyed three ISIL vehicles and an ISIL armored vehicle.
* Near Kirkuk, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL bunkers.
* Near Mahkmur, four airstrikes struck two ISIL staging areas, an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed 28 ISIL vehicles, three ISIL armored vehicles, and an ISIL shipping container.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes destroyed three ISIL boats and an ISIL mortar position.
* Near Tal Afar, three airstrikes destroyed two ISIL IEDs, an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL VBIED and an ISIL boat.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.