January 4, 2015
Release # 20150104
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - Five photos from the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Program are now available.
The photos below are for the validation ceremony for Iraq's Popular Mobilization Program held at the Al Asad training facility on Jan. 1, 2015. This is the second such group of tribesmen to officially become members of the Iraqi Security Forces.
1. Sunni tribal member stands in formation during a validation ceremony at the Al Asad training facility
2. Hamid Rashid al-Zerjawi from Iraq's National Security Service addresses Iraqi Army and Sunni tribal leaders
3. More than 200 Sunni tribal members stand in formation during a validation ceremony at the Al Asad training facility
4. Staff Brigadier General Majid, commander of the 7th Iraqi Army Division, and Hamid Rashid al-Zerjawi of Iraq's National Security Service congratulate new members of the Popular Mobilization Program
5. A Sunni tribesman completes the contract process for the Popular Mobilization Program
The program is a partnership between the Government of Iraq and Sunni tribes from the Anbar Province in the fight against ISIL.