September 7, 2015
Release # 20150907
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sept. 6, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted four airstrikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL staging area.
* Near Mar’a, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Tamakh, two airstrikes destroyed five ISIL excavators.
* Near Al Baghdadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles.
* Near Ar Rutbah, one airstrike struck an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Bayji, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL motorcycle.
* Near Fallujah, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL artillery piece.
* Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Kisik, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Ramadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL recoilless rifle.
* Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL light machine guns and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck an ISIL heavy machine gun firing position.
* Near Tuz, one airstrike destroyed 49 ISIL fighting positions, four ISIL tunnels and an ISIL weapons cache.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.