December 19, 2014
Release # 20141219
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - U.S. and partner nation military
forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria Dec. 19 using
fighter and bomber aircraft to conduct four airstrikes. Separately, U.S.
and partner nation military forces conducted eleven airstrikes in Iraq
Dec. 19 using fighter, bomber, and attack aircraft against the ISIL
The following is a summary of those strikes:
- Near Kobani, three airstrikes destroyed two ISIL buildings and an ISIL staging area and struck two ISIL tactical units.
- Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike damaged an ISIL training compound.
- Near Al Asad, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL building and mortar and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
- Near Mosul, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL vehicle and damaged an ISIL bridge.
- Near Fallujah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
- Near Al Qaim, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL tactical vehicles.
- Near Ramadi, three airstrikes struck three ISIL tactical units.
- Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
- Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.All aircraft returned to base safely. Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.