December 22, 2014
Release # 2014122
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 22 using fighter and bomber aircraft to conduct
twelve airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation military forces
conducted ten airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 22 using fighter, bomber, and
attack aircraft against the ISIL terrorists. These engagements were in
support of the 7th Iraqi Army, local police and tribal fighters engaged
in fighting with ISIL forces in the vicinity of Dulab.
The following is a summary of those strikes:
Near Kobani, six airstrikes destroyed six ISIL fighting positions and
struck four ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Aleppo, three airstrikes destroyed artillery equipment and struck ten ISIL buildings.
Near Al Hasakah, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle, two
ISIL trucks, an ISIL building, and two ISIL storage containers.
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL checkpoint complex.
Near Sinjar, three airstrikes destroyed three ISIL tactical vehicles,
three ISIL trucks, five ISIL buildings and struck two large ISIL units
and an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Al Asad, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle and struck two ISIL tactical units.
* Near Tal Afar, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Ramadi, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL vehicles, an ISIL building and struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Mosul, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Fallujah, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL buildings and struck a weapons factory complex.
All aircraft returned to base safely. Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.