December 25, 2014
Release # 2014125
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA -
U.S. and partner nation military forces continued to attack ISIL
terrorists in Syria Dec. 25 using fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted
aircraft to conduct 15 airstrikes. Separately, U.S. and partner nation
military forces conducted 15 airstrikes in Iraq Dec. 25 using fighter,
bomber, and attack aircraft against the ISIL terrorists.
The following is a summary of those strikes:
Near Kobani, thirteen airstrikes destroyed three ISIL buildings, one
ISIL vehicle, 17 ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL staging positions and
struck two ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL large units and four
ISIL tactical units.
* Near Al Hasakah, an airstrike struck an ISIL drilling tower and destroyed 2 ISIL support vehicles
* Near Ar Raqqah, an airstrike struck an ISIL assembly area
* Near Al Qaim, three airstrikes destroyed ISIL equipment, struck two ISIL tactical vehicles and one ISIL checkpoint.
Near Al Asad, three airstrikes destroyed two ISIL technical vehicles,
an ISIL mortar position, an ISIL rocket system, destroyed 2 ISIL
vehicles, an ISIL covered revetment and struck two ISIL tactical units.
* Near Mosul, three airstrikes destroyed five ISIL vehicles, an ISIL fighting position and struck two ISIL tactical units.
* Near Sinjar, three airstrikes destroyed 3 ISIL vehicles and struck three ISIL tactical units.
* Near Bayji, an airstrike struck a large ISIL unit.
* Near Kirkuk, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike struck an ISIL technical vehicle.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports.
strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the
operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose
to Iraq, the region and the wider international community. The
destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the
terrorist group's ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the U.S.,
Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United
Kingdom. Coalition Nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the
U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.