August 30, 2015
Release # 20150830
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA - On Aug. 29, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 13 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, one airstrike struck three ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL facility.
* Near Kobani, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and three ISIL excavators and destroyed five ISIL motorcycles, three ISIL structures, two ISIL guard shacks, two ISIL excavators and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Washiyah, one airstrike had inconclusive results.
* Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and an ISIL heavy machine gun firing position and destroyed seven ISIL buildings, two ISIL heavy machine guns and an ISIL weapons cache.
* Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Kisik, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Ramadi, five airstrikes struck three ISIL staging areas and destroyed two ISIL vehicles.
* Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Tuz, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed four ISIL vehicles, two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL mortar position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.