September 26, 2015,
Release # 20150926-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sept. 25, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted one airstrike using bomber aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 24 airstrikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, fighter-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hawl, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL weapons cache and an ISIL mortar system.
• Near Al Huwayjah, four airstrikes destroyed eight ISIL fighting positions and suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
• Near Al Qaim, one airstrike had inconclusive results.
• Near Albu Hayat, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL training facility and two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Bayji, three airstrikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed seven ISIL buildings, an ISIL VBIED, and wounded two ISIL fighters.
• Near Habbaniya, two airstrikes destroyed seven ISIL rocket rails and an ISIL excavator.
• Near Mosul, five airstrikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL staging positions, and suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
• Near Ramadi, two airstrikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL building, an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL vehicle, and an ISIL cache.
• Near Sinjar, three airstrikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL vehicle, and an ISIL bunker.
• Near Tal Afar, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL armored vehicle and an ISIL observation post.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.