November 05, 2015
Release # 20151105-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Nov. 4, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted three strikes using fighter aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 20 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, and remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Mar'a, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Al Hasakah, one strike produced inconclusive results.
* Near Al Hawl, one strike struck a large tactical unit and two ISIL buildings.
* Near Al Huwayjah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED), an ISIL mortar position, an ISIL weapons cache, an ISIL building, and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Bayji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Fallujah, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL bunkers and an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Mosul, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Ramadi, three strikes struck a large ISIL tactical unit, and destroyed 18 ISIL fighting positions, four ISIL heavy machine guns, an ISIL mortar position, an ISIL weapons cache, an ISIL motorcycle, two ISIL resupply warehouses, and damaged three ISIL buildings.
* Near Sinjar, eight strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL weapons caches, two ISIL assembly areas, eight ISIL fighting positions, and six ISIL staging areas.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, three strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.