November 03, 2015
Release # 20151103-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Nov. 2, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven strikes using fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 15 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hasakah, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Mar'a, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL structure.
* Near Dayr Az Zawr, two strikes struck an ISIL oil pump and destroyed two ISIL front end loaders, three ISIL cranes, and an ISIL pump truck.
* Near Al Huwayjah, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Bayji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL artillery piece.
* Near Habbaniyah, one strike suppressed two ISIL fighting positions.
* Near Kisik, one strike suppressed an ISIL rocket position.
* Near Mosul, three strikes struck an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) facility, an ISIL IED facility, and an ISIL weapons cache.
* Near Sinjar, four strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL staging areas, two ISIL headquarters, two ISIL weapons caches, and one ISIL tunnel system.
* Near Ramadi, three strikes destroyed two ISIL buildings, two ISIL command and control nodes, an ISIL VBIED storage area, damaged an ISIL building, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.