October 12, 2015
Release # 201510012-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Oct. 11, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted two strikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 18 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
• Near Washiya, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Al Baghdadi, one strike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Bayji, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units, destroyed an ISIL fighting position, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Fallujah, one strike destroyed an ISIL anti-air artillery piece and an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Kisik, one strike suppressed an ISIL heavy machine gun position.
• Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Ramadi, seven strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL trench, three separate ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive devices, two ISIL front-end loaders, an ISIL building, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL home-made explosives cache, denied ISIL access to terrain and wounded an ISIL fighter.
• Near Sinjar, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit an destroyed and ISIL fighting position.
• Near Tal Afar, one strike struck and destroyed an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Waleed, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.