November 01, 2015
Release # 20151101-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SOUTHWEST ASIA — On Oct. 31, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted nine strikes using fighter, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 16 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, attack, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL vehicles and wounded an ISIL fighter.
* Near Mar'a, six strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed seven ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED), and wounded two ISIL fighters.
* Near Al Huwayjah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Bayji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Mosul, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and two ISIL artillery pieces.
* Near Ramadi, three strikes struck two separate tactical units and destroyed two ISIL rocket rails, an ISIL trench, 10 ISIL fighting positions, eight ISIL buildings, suppressed an ISIL fighting position, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
* Near Sinjar, seven strikes struck six separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL vehicles, an ISIL VBIED, an ISIL homemade explosives cache, an ISIL assembly area, wounded an ISIL fighter and suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
* Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike destroyed an ISIL excavator.
* Near Tal Afar, one strike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.